Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Safe

Hello all.

We made it home safely late last night. Thanks to Jen for picking us at the airport. We pulled into our driveway at 2am this morning. Good to be home, I have missed my bed! Wesley's clock quickly reset to its usual time. He was up at 7am like always, thankfully we all were able to take a 3 hour nap this afternoon! Thank goodness for Saturdays! The weather is beautiful outside (a little cooler than we are use to, but nice). I will write quick cuz we are going on a walk soon.

Here is a we did on our last few days on vacation.

Lets see where did I leave off...

Tuesday was allot of fun at the Turtle Hospital. It was sad to see all of the injured Turtles but happy to learn that most of them will get better and be release back to the ocean. There were bubble butt turtles, these turtles have usually eaten something like plastic that was thrown into the ocean. The plastic then blocks them up and all of the sea shells they eat get trapped inside them and they fill up with gases. These gases get trapped under their shells and causes them to have a bubble inside that floats them to the top of the water. If they are not rescued this will eventually kill them. But at the turtle hospital they give them a laxative to pass the blockage and slowly the gases work there way out and the bubble moves to the back (this is why they call it bubble butt) and passes! If they are treated they will make a full recovery. We also saw several turtles that have only 3 flippers because they were hit by a boat or caught in fishing line that was thrown into the ocean. They adapt and are able to swim just fine with 3 flippers. When we were there there was several turtles that were going back to their homes in the ocean that week. It was a very fun and educational trip. Wesley loved it!

Wednesday we traveled to mile marker 0 and shopped all day in Key West. This island is the farthest (southern) most point in the US. Key West is a busy Island, the party town. It is full of things to do. We spent the day shopping on Dueval Street, walking the beach and docks, and we eat at the Hardrock Cafe (good food). This was probably our busiest day all week by far. I found a few things I just loved, Wesley found some cute toys and Adam had fun browsing in Jimmy Buffet's Margertia Ville. A very fun day. We were very tired we when got back to the condo after all of the walking.

Thursday we spent the whole day at the pool. I believe Wesley has officially turned into a fish! Lots of sun, lots of laughs and good food at the Tiki Bar. We needed this day of rest after yesterday! I finally got that sun burn today. I think the sunblock rubbed off my back while I was sitting in the pool chair cause the 20 minutes I layed there on stomach was enough. Ouch! I does not feel good. Well I guess I am broke in for summer now :)

Friday sadly we packed the car, said good by to our condo and headed to Miami. We spent the day in Miami and at the Miami Zoo. The zoo was really fun. All of the animals are so close. We saw elephants, bears, zebras, lions, many other animals.

Looking back it was a great vacation! We were able to just relax. I didn't think about work or worry about anything back home. And that does not happen often for me.

Watch for pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

angela magnuson {mag-na-son} said...

Fun Trip! Thanks for sharing all the details! Made me relaxed just reading it! Educational post...I learned something about turtles!